May 10, 2021
1. Moisture tarnishes many different metals so it is highly recommended to protect your treasures in a location that doesn't have moisture. The bathroom is is not on the list of where to store your jewelry.
2. Excessive heat and sudden temperature changes can cause some stones to crack or break. Too much heat will remove the natural moisture from gemstones needed to keep their beauty. If jewelry is stored in direct sunlight, some of the beads or stones imay fade.
3. For your pieces that are strung, you do not want to hang them on a hook or jewelry hanger. Depending on the material used to string the piece of jewelry, it could stretch over time. Instead, you want to lay them flat in an enclosed area or jewelry box.
4. Storing your jewelry in an open tray on your dresser is not the best way to care for your jewelry. Overexposure to oxygen will cause certain pieces to tarnish faster over time.
5. Slotted containers help keep your jewelry from getting tangled. When your jewelry is all stored together it's likely stones will get scratched and chains will get tangled.
If you take good care of your jewelry, you can have it for a lifetime.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 25, 2021
February 01, 2021
December 29, 2020